The policy seminar on ‘Scaling up in Advanced Technologies’ is part of a series of eight policy seminars coordinated by Technopolis Group and the Advanced Technologies for Industry (ATI) consortium. The webinar, organised on behalf of EISMEA and European Commission – DG GROW, will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021, from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm CET.
The EU needs to take more actions to support the European scale-ups with a technology base. There are several challenges at EU level that prevent tech scale ups to fully develop their potential. In this context, the ATI project has developed and analysis on the identifying the main challenges of these companies and providing an overview of the existing policy strategies and measures at EU level, as well as national and regional level. This policy webinar will also help to identify additional gaps in knowledge and policy needs.
In the context of the Advanced Technologies for Industry monitor of the European Commission, the online policy seminar will aim to:
- present the ATI analysis on tech scale-ups and specific demands for policy measures
- identify challenges not yet sufficiently addressed and point out at policy gaps
- develop recommendations how to improve the framework conditions for European scale-ups active in the field of advanced technologies.
Please register for the webinar.
Coordinator: Jari Romanainen, Technopolis Group
10:00 – 10:10 Welcome and introduction
- Marta Batalla Masana, European Commission DG GROW
10:10 – 10:25 European Innovation Council Financial Instruments
10:25 – 10:45 ATI project and tech scaleup report
- Laura Roman, Technopolis Group
10:45 – 12:15 Panel discussion
- Pekka Sivonen, Head of European Collaboration, Business Finland
- Jacek Bukowicki, Department of Startups Development, Polish Agency for Enterprise Development
- Max Brigonzi, Innovation Research Specialist, Mind the Bridge
- Mathieu Carenzo, Entrpreneurship Lecturer, IESE Business School
- FrenchTech (TBC)
12:15 – 12:30 Closing and next steps
- European Commission