As a result, the governance of research and innovation is entering into a new era, with complex innovation and transition programmes. These programmes are often large and long-lasting and require involvement across many parts of government and with different stakeholders, many of whom have traditionally not been part of research and innovation policy.
The new programmes drive new needs and demands, such as:
- Widespread engagement of citizens and stakeholder groups in policy formation and evaluation
- Foresight and road mapping that help chart the optimal technological trajectories and the directions of intervention efforts
- The incorporation of experiments, testbeds into innovation policy
- Responsible research and innovation (RRI) toolkit
- The analysis of systems over long periods, where the links between intervention and effects are complex and difficult to attribute.
Technopolis Group has been at the heart of changes in innovation for more than 30 years. We support policymakers and research and innovation organisations in addressing the challenges they face by delivering strategic advice, strategic studies, foresight and evaluations notably on:
- Research and innovation systems
- Governance of science and technology policy
- Research and innovation funding
- Programme and agency evaluations and reviews
- International cooperation in science and innovation
- Open science
- Responsible Research and Innovation
- Technology transfer and knowledge exchange
We especially have an in-depth knowledge of technologies and markets in:
- Key enabling technologies
- Life sciences
- Resource efficiency
- Sustainable energy
- Transport and mobility
We operate all over Europe and beyond, particularly in low and middle-income countries.