Date: 10 December from 12:15-14:00 (CET)
On the margins of the 25th anniversary of the Barcelona Process, the European Commission (EC) in partnership with the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) will jointly organise a regional seminar aiming at taking stock of the EUROMED R&I cooperation and informing the wider community of R&I stakeholders in the region about recent developments and future prospects.
The seminar will:
- Inform participants on the most recent developments EUROMED R&I cooperation initiatives and progress since 2017 La Valetta declaration;
- Present success stories of R&I cooperation in the region (under H2020, ENI, CBC MED);
- Inform participants about the current and future R&I priorities in the region;
- Provide participants with a networking opportunity.
In this context the European Commission and the Union for the Mediterranean invite researchers, representatives from academia and industry and research institutes, technology transfer centers, incubators, technology platforms, grant offices at universities and research centers from the 43 UfM countries to attend.
Keynote addresses will be given by...
- Ambassador Nasser Kamel, the Secretary-General of the Union for the Mediterranean
- Maria Cristina Russo, Director for International Cooperation in Research and Innovation at the European Commission
- Guglielmo di Cola, Member of Cabinet of the European Parliament
The registration to the event will be online.