Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 30 July 2023
Starting date: September 2023
Can you create appealing layouts in your sleep? Do you have a few different styles up your sleeve? And do you enjoy turning scientific content into engaging visuals? Then you should be our new graphic designer!
Arctik is a Brussels-based communication agency that puts sustainability first. We provide a broad range of communication services to European clients focusing on environmental and climate issues, circular economy, and sustainable development. Arctik is part of the leading science and innovation consultancy Technopolis Group.
As our graphic designer, you would:
- Design appealing visual identities to match clients’ needs
- Provide layouts for long and short print and digital publications
- Create illustrations on a wide variety of topics and in different styles
- Select and edit visual materials for web and print
- Prepare pre-production directly or with one of our team members.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- A professional degree in graphic design, illustration, or related disciplines
- 1-year experience working as a graphic designer
- Data visualisation skills
- Strong layout and illustration skills
- Extensive knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator
- A diverse portfolio
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work on different projects while respecting strict deadlines.
- Flexibility and initiative to respond to changing projects and priorities.
- Fluency in English
- A can-do attitude
- European spirit and a sense of humour!
Any of the following are a plus:
- Photography skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, or Animate
- Experience with web design
- Experience in production management
- Confidence at liaising with clients independently and managing client relationships
- Fluency in French or Dutch
- Experience in marketing or at a creative agency
- Knowledge of European Commission style guides
- A diverse job at a dynamic and creative agency
- A permanent contract starting as soon as possible
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Training and the opportunity to build your skills
- A fun team
How to apply
Please upload your CV to the Technopolis Group website, together with your portfolio and a motivation letter. We would welcome a creative application.
WHO WE ARE
Arctik is a Brussels-based communication agency that puts sustainability first. We provide a broad range of communication services to European clients who focus on environmental and climate issues, circular economy, and sustainable development. Arctik is part of the leading science and innovation consultancy Technopolis Group.
ARCTIK is committed to protecting your privacy. We will always keep your personal data safe and will aim to comply with applicable data protection legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the Belgian data privacy act of 8 December 1992 (FR/NL). We do not store CVs of rejected job applicants unless the individual has given us their consent.
Arctik – Communication
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group