CARICOM Secretariat awarded Technopolis Group the consultancy contract to „undertake a comprehensive review and diagnosis of the state of the digital economy in the Member States and the Associated States of CARICOM and prepare a digital agenda and cooperation framework for accelerating the development of the digital economy in the region.“
The specific objectives of the study are:
- Conduct a diagnostic study of the ICT sector and calculate an ICT4D‘ maturity index‘ for each of the 20 CARICOM Member and Associate States to identify critical gaps and areas of intervention.
- The co-creation of a digital agenda for the Member and Associated States of CARICOM and a CARICOM Regional Digital Cooperation Framework through a participatory process informed by the diagnosis study.
On the one hand, the digital agenda is intended to shape the future of the ICT sector, setting out a shared vision, goals, and targets that the Member and Associate States have committed to achieving within five years. On the other hand, the cooperation framework should identify critical areas and modalities of collaboration among nations and other strategic entities to accelerate the implementation of the digital agenda.
TG’s LAC office will lead the project starting in February 2023 with a planned duration of 18 months. The following is the list of consultants assigned to its implementation
- Juan Carlos Salazar – Project Manager (TG Colombia)
- Michele Marius – ICT Policy Expert
- Matthieu Lacave – Economic Development Expert (TG France)
- Barlett Morgan – Legal Expert
- Dr Reda Nausedaite – Social Researcher (TG UK)
- Gonzalo Castellanos – Consultant (TG Colombia)
- Liliana Pinzón – Consultant (TG Colombia)
- Juan Pablo Centeno – Consultant (TG Colombia)
- Jihane Boutaybi – Consultant (TG France)
- Paula Cabrera – Consultant (TG Colombia)
The team looks forward to the kick-off of this interesting assignment.