Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 15 juli 2023
Ideal starting date: September 2023
WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Business Developer, you will have an essential and recognised role within Arctik and Technopolis Group. You will work closely with the company director and business unit to support our growth strategy. You will be part of a dynamic team of skilled, motivated, and dynamic communication professionals.
Role and responsibilities:
- Strategy: Elaborate strategies; support our business development plan and its implementation.
- Market monitoring: Identify calls for tenders and proposals; engage with clients and partners; prepare and develop preliminary notes (…).
- Bid preparation: Prepare background notes; identify potential partners and relevant experts; draft content and coordinate bids.
- Budget: Negotiate budgets with partners and subcontractors.
- Evaluation: Evaluate success factors and room for improvement.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- 3-5 years of work experience in business development
- Strong writing skills in English
- An entrepreneurial attitude
- Knowledge of the EU institutions is a strong asset
- Robust analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Teams (…)
- Flexibility and initiative to respond to changing priorities
- An ability to work independently and within a team
- A European spirit and a sense of humour!
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING
- A permanent contract
- Competitive wages, benefits, and a bonus scheme
- Flexible working conditions to fit with family and other commitments
- Challenging and varied projects in a dynamic and creative agency
- Opportunities to travel across Europe and internationally, working for some of the world’s most established and influential public bodies
- Training and the opportunity to develop your skills
- Opportunities for career evolution, from thematic and methodological perspectives to business development and company leadership
- An opportunity to eventually become a shareholder
- A fun and international team
WHO WE ARE
Arctik is a Brussels-based communication agency that puts sustainability first. We provide a broad range of communication services to European clients focusing on environmental and climate issues, circular economy, and sustainable development. Arctik is part of the leading science and innovation consultancy Technopolis Group.
Technopolis Group provides evidence-based policy advice and insights with offices in Europe, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Our experts support decision-makers who want to tackle environmental or societal issues or achieve fair and sustainable growth through science, technology, innovation, health, and education.
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV on the Technopolis Group website, together with a cover letter explaining your interest in the specific job. Make sure to specify how your skills and experience meet our requirements and why you believe you would be an excellent addition to the Arctik/Technopolis team.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Arctik is committed to protecting your privacy. We will always keep your personal data safe and will aim to comply with applicable data protection legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the Belgian Data Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 (FR/NL). We do not store CVs of rejected job applicants unless the individual has given us their consent.
Arctik – communicatie
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group