Join us between 16 June and 7 July 2021 for the international symposium “Looking for integral development”. This science-policy event features high-level policy dialogue with former heads of state/ current government ministers, as well as three days of panel sessions with academics, practitioners and policy makers. It is conducted both in English and Spanish.
The objectives of this initiative are to:
- strengthen and expand relations European and South American institutions;
- address the crucial issue of sustainability and Buen Vivir;
- contribute to the necessary reflection on economy, society and rights in a world shaken by the Covid-19 pandemic;
- discuss the bi-regional relations of two interconnected continents, Europe and South America, which have long neglected their historical, economic, cultural and political ties.
This event is organised by Università degli Studi di Ferrara (Italy), in collaboration with Campus Villarrica from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC), the International University network ROUTES Towards Sustainability, the Innovation for Sustainable Development Network, and AMIStaDeS study center. Our colleague Fernando J. Díaz López participating in the organisation of the event as the Director of the innovation for sustainable development network. He will be co-chairing the second panel session on June 23rd, and chairing the fourth panel session on July 7th focusing on circular economy.
The event will be held online, and is divided into four thematic sessions:
June 16th, 15:00-18:30 CEST – EN/ES – Integral development and buen vivir
- Innovative Principles, Visions and Patterns for Reorienting National and International Policies Towards Sustainable and Fairer Development
June 23th, 15:00-18:30 CEST – EN – Towards integral development; key actors and routes
- Market, Institutions and Civil Society: Tasks for the Realization of a More Equitable and Ecologically Oriented Paradigm
June 30th, 15:00-18:30 CEST – ES – Integral development and agriculture
- Agricultural and Cultural Resistance in South America Facing International Market, Institutional and Climate Crisis Pressures
July 7th, 15:00-18:00 CEST – EN – Closing the circle: integral development, agroecology and circularity
- Latin American and European future challenges
For more information and registrations, please visit the website: http://www.unife.it/it/lfid