Technopolis Group in collaboration with COWI have been selected to carry out a study on the potential of blockchain technology in facilitating EU climate development and implementation policies, offering the finding to the European Commission – DG CLIMA.
The specific objectives of the study are:
- To identify existing and future EU climate policies that potentially could be considered for a future use of Blockchain technology.
- To select in mutual agreement with the Commission three policy fields to assess in detail the suitability of different Blockchain typologies for policy implementations.
- To deliver a recommendation report on the deployment of Blockchain in climate policy, with advice on the effects and challenges that can be expected from wider deployment of Blockchain in EU climate actions.
The study will run from January 2023 to July 2023. We look forward to this interesting assignment.
- Yari Borbon; Project manager (TGB)
- Reda Nausedaite, Deputy project manager, Senior Researcher (TGUK)
- Saverio Romeo, Expert (TGB)
- Charlotte Glass, Senior Researcher (TGUK)
- Gaëtan Coatanroch, Senior Researcher (TGF)
- Julie van Deelen, Analyst (TGB)
- Guillaume Malite, Analyst (TGF)
- Roman Beck, Expert (COWI)
- Andrew Howard, Expert (COWI)
- Alexander Jonsbak Rohde, Expert (COWI)