Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 07 October 2022
Technopolis Consulting Group Belgium is currently looking for a highly motivated Senior Consultant to join the Industry, entrepreneurship & placed based innovations team and contribute to managing and growing our portfolio of projects and activities.
Experience and skills
Applicants suitable for this Senior Consultant position must have a minimum of four years of professional experience and relevant academic background as well as practical knowledge of Industry, entrepreneurship & placed based innovations policies.
- A relevant higher education degree (at least Master’s), e.g. specialising in scientific, engineering, social or economic fields
- Substantial knowledge and at least two years of work experience in the field of industrial policy
- Knowledge and experience with research and innovation or other relevant policy fields at the core of Technopolis Group’s areas of expertise is a strong asset
- Very good organisational and coordination skills with a track record in contributing to manage / coordinate large and/or complex EU-funded projects / tasks / overall processes covering several Member States is essential
- Experience in the running of multi-service EU secretariats / platforms supporting local / regional communities in their transition towards climate neutrality is a strong asset
- Supporting the delivery of project activities. This involves working within multidisciplinary teams to achieve client satisfaction, timely delivery, strong project financial performance and high quality technical outputs
- Experience working with R&I data, databases and indicators and related methodological know-how (i.e. counterfactual analysis, network analysis, etc.) is considered as a strong asset
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential and fluency in other European languages is a plus
- Experience contributing to EU business development and/or competitive bid writing in a consultancy environment is a strong asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and engagement skills, ability to work in teams with colleagues and external stakeholders, proactive and problem-solving mindset, ability to manage multiple tasks and to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Contributing to strengthening Technopolis Group’s capacity to deliver services by (co-) developing policy analysis, research and consulting, including new approaches for our assignments, especially in the field of Industry, entrepreneurship & placed based innovations.
- Leading projects of small and large scale and of various complexities, working together with a team of consultants, administrative support staff, senior company management and external stakeholders (e.g. studies, impact assesments, technical assistance for transnational policy learning and monitoring platforms)
- Pro-actively supporting/leading business development, including proposal preparation
- Developing and maintaining close client and partner relationships to enhance the visibility of the Group’s work and support the generation of new contracts
- Producing and presenting policy reports and study results
- Contributing to the design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, including data collection and analysis
What we offer
- A full time, open-ended position
- A competitive salary package
- A range of benefits including additional holidays per year, a private hospitalisation insurance, and a pension scheme
- A positive and open-minded international, flexible working environment within a team of like-minded professionals in Brussels
- Being part of a larger international policy consultancy with ample opportunities for international cooperation
- Good opportunities for career progression and specialisation
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons with a residency and work permit in Belgium.
How to apply
Applications in English should be sent to email@example.com with mentioning of the reference: SIN0922.
Please include a cover letter and a Europass-style CV.
October 07, 2022. Early applications are encouraged. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group