Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 15 January 2023
- Work on projects covering a wide range of sectors: research & innovation, higher education & skills, health & life sciences, digital transformation, entrepreneurship, SMEs and industry, agriculture, green economy and international cooperation.
- Provide cross-cutting support in conducting policy evaluations, sectoral and technical studies, strategic support and consultancy projects for our major clients in Africa.
- Contribute to the company’s business development activities (i.e. proposal preparation).
- We are looking for a motivated individual with a strong interested in public development and innovation policies.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in public policy consulting or in the public sector.
- Hold a master’s degree in economics or related field.
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Ability to write and speak in English; a professional level of French is highly appreciated; knowledge of an additional language such as Portuguese or Arabic is a plus.
- Experience working in emerging and developing countries, preferably in Africa.
- Thematic expertise in the areas of innovation and research, private sector development, with cross cutting agriculture, green economy, life / health sciences, or ICT.
What we offer?
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a company in a stimulating international working environment, in response to societal challenges.
- An international environment with a dynamic work culture.
- Salary according to your profile.
- Technopolis Group provides evidence-based policy advice and insights with offices in Europe, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our experts support decision makers who want to tackle environmental or societal issues or look to achieve fair and sustainable growth through science, technology, innovation, health and education.
- In three decades, Technopolis Group has grown into a leading international consultancy with offices in ten countries. We have grown beyond our European roots to develop a unique understanding and expertise in Latin America and the Caribbean as well as Africa. We have also successfully completed projects in Asia, the Middle East and North Africa.
- We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
- Technopolis Group boost of an arsenal of over +240 in house consultants in our offices in Abidjan, Amsterdam, Berlin, Bogota, Brighton, Bruxelles, Frankfurt / Main, Paris, Stockholm, and Vienna.
- Technopolis Group has been active on the African continent for more than fifteen years. We work for the African Development Bank and the Work Bank, UN organisations, European institutions and organisations, bilateral donors’ agencies, African national governments, higher education and research institutions in Africa.
- Since 2020, we have opened a regional office in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire – Technopolis Africa.
We are now looking for a person based in Abidjan. However, we encourage non-residents to apply.
How to apply?
Interested? Please share your CV and cover letter no later than 15/01/23!
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview via videoconference.
Technopolis Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their background.
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group