Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 08 March 2021
Technopolis Consulting Group Belgium is currently looking for a highly motivated Senior Consultant in in Green transition to strengthen our Green economy practice.
The typical tasks of a Senior Consultant are:
- Manage projects and project teams of a certain scale and complexity;
- Design methodological approaches in response to prospective leads;
- Perform analytical and empirical qualitative and quantitative tasks;
- Draft reports, policy papers and studies targeted mainly at EU policy-makers;
- Provide strategic support on the identification and generation of new business leads and help grow the area;
- Shape Technopolis Group thinking around green economy (EU Green Deal, SDGs, etc.)
As a Senior consultant, we expect the person to develop a deep understanding of policy processes, while already possessing sound analytical and writing skills. Furthermore, you will need demonstrated project management skills and experience in business development.
- Between four (4) and seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in a consulting, research, think-tank, or policy-making environment in climate change, green finance, just transition (of which sustainable energy, green & digital transition, sustainable urban development and mobility, impact of transition on employment, etc.)
- General overview of EU and international policy developments in this area and impacts on industries and societies.
- A very good knowledge of research methods (quantitative/qualitative).
- Experience should include direct involvement in the management and coordination of projects as well as in business development.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with colleagues in project teams across the group, as well as with external partners.
- Solid ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential. Fluency in other European languages is considered a strong asset.
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- A positive working atmosphere within a team of like-minded professionals, while also being part of a larger international company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation;
- Good opportunities for career progression, from both a content perspective (through coaching, training, learning from methodological specialists) and in the areas of business development and company leadership.
Our Brussels Office
Technopolis Consulting Group Belgium consists of an international team of about 35 motivated, creative and highly skilled consultants. Our consultants are thought leaders in the thematic areas of:
- Environmental policies (circular economy and eco-innovation)
- Research and innovation policy
- Industrial policies (clusters, business sectors)
We provide a range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies at various geographic levels and in particular in evaluation and impact analysis studies.
Our team’s expertise spans the entire innovation and business support chain. This allows us to offer an integrated approach to the design, implementation and monitoring of policies and programmes. We provide objective, independent insight and always look for tailor-fit solutions that are the best fit for their clients.
Our clients span from local authorities to international organisations. Our key client is the European Commission.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group