Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 29 September 2022
One of the priority areas for growth at Technopolis Group is the green economy. For more than a decade we have been constantly expanding our expertise in this area and providing independent advisory support to policymakers in promoting the transition towards climate neutrality through better design of policy measures, better monitoring, motivating industrial players and consumers.
We are looking to recruit two motivated and experienced specialists to join our Brussels team as Senior Consultants to provide technical assistance and coordinate green transition related projects/activities, including a project of the European Commission (DG ENER) for the realisation of a Smart Cities Marketplace.
Required experience and skills:
- A relevant higher education degree (at least Master’s), e.g. specializing in scientific, engineering, environmental, or economic fields.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in the field of European climate action and sustainability, with a clear focus on energy policy.
- Good understanding of the energy and climate change policy landscape, gained during studies or work experience, in one or more of the following areas:
- Climate funding and financing, notably to coordinate the shaping of project ideas towards a financing deal in the different sectors of the regional or urban context (e.g. renewable energy, green and sustainable mobility, sustainable digital solutions, etc.).
- Energy communities. This includes knowledge of elements such as governance, ownership and control, activities, understanding of the barriers faced by energy communities, the benefits that they can bring and how these can be fostered.
- Very good organisational and coordination skills with a track record in contributing to manage / coordinate large and/or complex EU-funded projects / tasks / overall processes covering several Member States is essential. Experience in the running of multi-service EU secretariats / platforms supporting local / regional communities in their transition towards climate neutrality is a strong asset.
- Supporting the delivery of project activities. This involves working within multidisciplinary teams to achieve client satisfaction, timely delivery, strong project financial performance and high quality technical outputs.
- Very good knowledge of research methods, statistics, indicators, as well as policy/programme evaluation methods.
- Experience contributing to EU business development and/or competitive bid writing in a consultancy environment is a strong asset.
- Very good written and spoken communication skills and capacity to work in an international and multicultural environment are essential. Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential. Fluency in other European languages is a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in other European languages will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills essential.
- Good team worker.
The successful candidate needs to manage varying tasks under tight deadlines, manage clients and partners, be willing to travel and be proactive. We expect our staff to work both independently and in close collaboration in project teams.
- Contributing to strengthening Technopolis Group’s capacity to deliver services by (co-) developing policy analysis, research and consulting, including new approaches for our assignments, especially in the field of Green economy
Leading assignments of small and large scale and of various complexities for the delivery of a portfolio of related strategic projects, working together with a team of
- consultants, administrative support staff, senior company management and external stakeholders (e.g. studies, technical assistance for transnational policy learning and monitoring platforms)
- Managing and coordinating project activities, including chairing meetings, team coaching, etc.
- Participating in capacity building / coaching activities including workshop facilitation and presentations.
- Pro-actively supporting business development, including proposal preparation, especially in the field of climate and energy policy
- Developing and maintaining close client and partner relationships to enhance the visibility of the Group’s work and support the generation of new contracts.
- Drafting and presenting reports and policy papers, targeted mainly at EU policy makers
- Designing methodological approaches to answer complex policy questions
- Performing analytical and empirical work
What we offer
- A full time, open-ended position
- A competitive salary package
- A range of benefits including additional holidays per year, a private hospitalisation insurance, and a pension scheme
- A positive working atmosphere within a team of talented, dedicated, and supportive professionals in Brussels, while also being part of a larger international company with multiple opportunities for professional growth and cooperation
- Good opportunities for career development through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons with a residency and work permit in Belgium.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com (reference: SG0922 Senior Consultant in climate and energy policy) and include a cover letter and a Europass-style CV.
Application deadline: September 29, 2022. Early applications are encouraged. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should have the EU citizenship or a valid work permit to apply.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group