Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 02 September 2022
We are recruiting a senior consultant with expertise in European and International higher education policy to join Technopolis UK.
The Higher Education Thematic Group at Technopolis works across the UK, the Europe Union, Latin America and Africa, and focuses on a number of topics including higher education transformation, the internationalisation of higher education, skills, equality, diversity and inclusion, vocational education and training, entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship education and green and digital HE.
The successful candidate will be working with the Group’s Thematic Lead for Higher Education, alongside a wider team, to acquire and manage studies, evaluations, impact assessments and other support contracts.
The successful applicant will have strong quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills, experience of
managing projects, the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, excellent written and verbal
communication skills, and a strong commitment to our core values of quality and integrity. Prior work
experience in a research-based consulting environment and evaluation experience is essential.
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years (up to 10 years) of relevant work experience in a consulting environment. As a senior consultant we expect you to have strong and proven commercial, project management and analytical skills as well as an understanding of the national and international higher education market, and with established networks.
More specifically, you must have:
- A relevant academic background at Masters level or above
- A thorough practical knowledge of, and affinity with, higher education and labour market policy, at a minimum in the UK and in Europe
- An ability to propose, sell and lead evaluations and policy studies
- An excellent command of qualitative and / or quantitative evaluation methods
- Highly computer literate (e.g. MS Office, statistics packages)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (demonstrated in online and physical environments)
- The ability to write well and to a professional standard, in English
- Ability to deliver client ready reports on time and budget
- Self-motivation, intellectual curiosity and an ability to work independently
- A willingness to travel and work in international teams
Other desirable attributes:
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines
- Familiarity with online communication tools and channels
- An intellectual curiosity and flexibility to work across different disciplines
We are always pleased to hear from international candidates, however you must have the right to work in the UK already. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
- Identify business development and marketing opportunities
- Help to grow the practice through preparing tenders including the design of robust and innovative methodologies
- Manage projects and teams
- Ensure individual assignments are delivered to plan, and are of high quality
- Manage budgets and profitability of projects
- Lead and contribute to the interpretation of data and the writing of reports
- Present project results to broad audiences
- Build and nurture client relationships
- Grow the capabilities and encourage the progression of consultants and analysts
What we offer
- Competitive salary and performance-related bonus scheme, along with 25 holiday days each year, private healthcare and a personal pension.The company also operates a cycle-to-work scheme
- Challenging and varied projects conducted in a dynamic environment and working closely with senior policy advisors in government
- Opportunity to travel across Europe and internationally working for some of the world’s most important and influential public bodies
- Positive and diverse working atmosphere with like-minded professionals working in London and Brighton, whilst also being part of a larger international research company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation
- Opportunity for training and career progression, from thematic and methodological perspectives to business development and company leadership.
- Opportunity for staff to become shareholders as they progress to more senior levels
The position would be full time. We also understand the importance of work life balance and offer flexible working arrangements, with the infrastructure and processes to make a success of many different configurations. This will be a permanent position, following the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period
Technopolis is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion within policy evaluation more generally and our current team comprises people from varied backgrounds, and at all levels of seniority. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas, from recruitment through to senior management and our board. We celebrate and value everyone and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV on our website, together with a covering letter explaining your
interest in the specific job, how your skills and experience meet our requirements and why you believe you would be a good addition to the Technopolis team.
For shortlisted candidates the assessment process will comprise three further steps: a short, informal telephone interview to discuss your ambitions; a more formal interview by telephone with a selection panel; and a final interview in person at our offices in Brighton where you will have the chance to meet the team and see our projects in action.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 02 September 2022
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group