Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 25 January 2021
Starting date: February 2021
Open science will make science more efficient, reliable, and reactive. Communication and outreach are key to support this EU ambition. Are you ready to step-up to the challenge?
Who we’re looking for:
As a Senior communications consultant – Open Science at Arctik, you would:
- Manage a team of consultants, partners and sub-contractors
- Manage communication and outreach activities related to Open Science
- Take operational decisions, be a team leader and a “doer”
- Develop and execute dissemination strategies tailored to clients’ style and overall goals
- Organise stakeholder engagement and public relation activities
- Draft messages for different media and audiences (articles, interviews, blogs, press releases …)
- Develop social media strategies and campaigns
- Train your colleagues and participate to building capacity within the team
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate should have the following QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent understanding of the European research policies and programmes
- Knowledge of the stakeholder groups from the scientific research, private and public sector related to the European Open Science Cloud is an asset
- Strong interest in innovation policy, in particular open science
- Expertise in science communication
- Experience in orchestrating partnerships and outreach efforts
- Knowledge of co-design and stakeholder consultation methods
- Experience in the organization of large stakeholder conferences and webinars is essential
- Good understanding of demonstrating (societal) impact (in factsheets, stories, etc.)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members and partners across Europe
- An excellent command of English; fluency in other European languages is an asset
- Very good drafting and editing skills
- The ability to produce content while keeping track of tasks and logistics
- Comfortable working in a semi-remote environment
- The ability to take responsibility and work well independently and in team
- Good team player
- A can-do and self-driven attitude
- European spirit and a sense of humour!
What we’re offering
- A diverse job at a dynamic and creative agency
- Interesting tasks working on topics that matter
- A permanent contract starting as soon as possible
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Training and the opportunity to build your skills
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV in the form below, together with a covering letter explaining your interest in the specific job, how your skills and experience meet our requirements and why you believe you would be a good addition to the Arctik/Technopolis team.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A creative Open Science application would be appreciated (web, video, article…)!
ARCTIK is committed to protecting your privacy. We will always keep your personal data safe and will aim to comply with applicable data protection legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the Belgian data privacy act of 8 December 1992 (FR/NL). We do not store CVs of rejected job applicants unless the individual has given us their consent.
Arctik is a Brussels-based communication agency that puts sustainability first. We provide a broad range of communication services to European clients who focus on environmental and climate issues, circular economy and sustainable development. Arctik is part of the leading science and innovation consultancy Technopolis Group.
Belgium – Communication
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group