Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 28 August 2020
One of the priority areas for growth at Technopolis Group is the green economy. For more than a decade we have been constantly expanding our expertise in this area and providing support to policy-makers in promoting eco-innovation, circular economy, sustainable energy through better design of policy measures, better monitoring, motivating industrial players and consumers. We are looking to recruit a motivated and experienced specialist to join our Brussels team as a Senior or Principal Consultant.
A general overview of EU and international policy developments and policy discourse in the area, trends in sectors, industries and society, as well as a proven track in working on relevant policy- oriented assignments are required. Candidates should be technology-savvy with a passion for improving environmental sustainability through innovation.
A very good knowledge of research methods, statistics, indicators, as well as policy/programme impact assessment methods is a must.
Applicants should have very good communication skills and be able to work in an international and multicultural environment. Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential and fluency in other European languages is considered an asset.
The successful candidate needs to manage varying tasks under tight deadlines, manage clients and partners, show strong communication skills, be willing to travel and be proactive. We expect our staff to work both independently and in close collaboration in project teams.
- Identify and generate new business leads, including proposal writing
- Lead projects of small and large scale and of various complexities
- Design methodological approaches to answer complex policy questions
- Perform analytical and empirical work
- Draft reports and policy papers, targeted mainly at EU policy makers
- Shape Technopolis Group thinking around green economy (EU Green Deal, SDGs,…)
What we offer
- A full time, permanent position
- An attractive salary package with with benefits including hospitalisation insurance and a pension scheme
- A positive working atmosphere within a team of like-minded professionals in Brussels, while also being part of a larger international company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation
- Good opportunities for career progression, from both a content perspective (thought leaders, methodological specialists) and in the areas of business development and company leadership
- Opportunity to become shareholder at Principal Consultant /Partner level
- We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons with a residency and work permit in Belgium.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons with a residency and work permit in Belgium.
Applicants should submit their CV in Europass-style.
Applicants suitable for a Senior Consultant position should have a minimum of five years of professional experience in a research, think-tank, consulting, or policy-making environment in the green economy area (e.g. eco-innovation, sustainable energy, climate change, circular economy, sustainable production and consumption, environmental management, environmental economics, green transitions). This experience should include direct involvement in the management/coordination of projects and in business development, preferably with EU funding programmes.
Applicants for a Principal Consultant position should have a minimum of eight years of professional experience in the same area indicated above, also including direct involvement in the management/coordination of projects and in business development, preferably with EU funding programmes.
Interviews (on-site or remotely) will be taking place during the second week of September 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group