Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 30 June 2023
Supporting the transition to a green, low carbon and resilient society is a priority growth area for Technopolis Group. For over a decade, we have constantly expanded our expertise on environmental policy topics and have provided support to policy-makers in designing, implementing and evaluating policies and programmes related to the green transition. We work for policy makers and other public-related stakeholders at various geographical scales: European Commission, European Parliament, Ministries, Agencies, local authorities, but also national promotional banks or development banks (EIB, WB, EBRD, AFD, IDB, AFDB…).
We are looking to recruit a motivated and experienced specialist to join our dynamic and growing team, either as a Principal or Senior Consultant with specific expertise on topics related to the Green Transition.
The position is based in Paris.
We are looking for one highly motivated individual to strengthen our team working on Green Transition, which is at the forefront of EU and national policy-making on many topics: climate change (mitigation and adaptation), circular economy, energy transition, research and innovation to support the transition, environmental protection (including biodiversity), territorial resilience, sustainable mobility, blue economy, etc.
In particular, we are looking for someone to acquire and implement work for EU institutions (European Commission such as DG ENV, DG CLIMA, DG ENER, DG RTD, DG MARE or DG GROW, the European Parliament, CINEA, EEA or the European Investment Bank), the OECD, the French ADEME / Ministry of Environmental Transition, and multilateral development banks.
Applicants should have a minimum of eight (8) years (for principal consultant) or five (5) years (for senior consultant) of relevant professional experience in a consulting organisation, a think-tank, a policy-making organisation or an applied research organisation in one or more of the following areas:
- Climate change mitigation
- Climate change adaptation
- Energy transition
- Circular economy
- Research and innovation related to green transition
- Biodiversity and other nature-related and environmental actions
- Natural resources management
- Smart cities / territories
- Sustainable mobility
- Blue economy
Experience should include direct involvement in advisory services (such as studies or strategy, policy or programme design), policy or programme evaluation and impact assessment (including experience with Better Regulation Toolbox), project management for EU institutions or implementation of technical assistance projects. Experience in managing projects, teams and clients is required. Previous experience in a or working for a public institution is an asset.
A general overview of EU and international policy developments and policy discourse in the area (e.g. EU Green Deal, Fit for 55, Circular Economy Action Plan, REPowerEU, Nature Restoration Law), trends in sectors, industries and society, as well as a proven track in working on relevant policy-oriented or advisory assignments are required.
A very good knowledge of research methods, statistics, big data analytics, ESG indicators, as well as policy/programme evaluation and economic or environmental impact assessment methods are strong assets.
The person must have at least a Master’s level in a related field. Applicants should have very good communication skills and be able to work in an international and multicultural environment. Clients will be both international ones (Europe, and abroad) and national clients (ministries, agencies, regional authorities, development agencies…). Excellent command of spoken and written French and English is essential and fluency in other European languages would be a plus. The salary will be defined based on the experience of the candidate and will range between 42 and 63k euros / year gross + yearly bonus based on performance.
The successful candidate needs to manage varying tasks under tight deadlines, manage relations with partners, show strong communication skills, be willing to travel in Europe and worldwide and be proactive.
While responsibilities will be adapted to the seniority of the position, the main tasks to be performed by the principal or senior consultant include:
- Contribute to forge, implement and promote Technopolis Group strategy around Green Transition in the EU and national markets
- Contribute to expand and manage a team
- Contribute to generate new business leads, including bid writing in response to calls for tenders/calls for proposals
- Design methodological approaches to answer complex policy questions and anticipate emerging trends
- Be part of project team and lead projects of various scales and of various complexities
- Perform analytical and empirical work
- Draft reports and policy papers, targeted to donors, policy-makers and investors
- We expect our staff to work both independently and in close collaboration in project teams across the group and with external partners.
Level of experience wanted
- Minimum eight years (for principal consultant)
- Minimum five years (for senior consultant)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits
- A strongly positive and diverse working atmosphere within a tight-knit team of like-minded professionals, while also being part of a larger international company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation.
- Good opportunities for career progression, from both a content perspective (thought coaching, training, learning from methodological specialists) and in the areas of business development and company leadership
- Access to shareholding opportunities along career progression
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group