Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 28 August 2020
One of the top priorities for growth in Technopolis Group is to strengthen our evaluation team which supports large-scale evaluations in the field of Research and Innovation (R&I), using a range of theory-based evaluation methods.
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced evaluator to join our Brussels team as Principal Consultant.
The successful applicant will have proven experience in leading successful proposal writing and producing high quality research and evaluation reports with a broad thematic and methodological coverage.
Strong experience in impact assessments is a plus.
We expect applicants to show strong communication skills, be able to deliver tasks under tight deadlines, be willing to travel if needed, and be proactive. Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential and fluency in other European languages is considered an asset.
- Helping to grow the evaluation practice, including through the design of robust and innovative methodologies (quantitative and/or qualitative)
- Designing and delivering policy studies and evaluations
- Writing and presenting reports and deliverables of high quality
- Supporting business development by identifying market opportunities and preparing tenders
- Establishing good client relationships
- Managing projects and teams
What we offer
- A full time, open-ended position
- A competitive salary package
- Benefits including additional holidays per year, a private hospitalisation insurance and a pension scheme
- A positive and open-minded international working environment within a team of like- minded professionals in Brussels, part of a large international research and consultancy company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation
- Good opportunities for career progression, both from a content perspective (thought leaders, methodological specialists) and in the areas of business development and company leadership
- Opportunity to become a company shareholder at Partner level.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons with a residency and work permit in Belgium.
Applicants should submit their CV in Europass-style.
Applicants suitable for this Principal Consultant position should have a minimum of eight years of professional experience in R&I evaluations following the European Commission Better Regulation Guidelines, an in-depth knowledge of European Union policies and programmes, and a strong expertise in project and team management.
Interviews (on-site or remotely) will take place in the second week of September 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group