Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 12 March 2021
Technopolis Consulting Group Belgium is currently looking for a highly motivated Principal Consultant to join the growing team on Open Science and contribute to relevant projects and activities, including a flagship contract for the realisation of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Acting as a project manager of a flagship, multi million contract, working together with a team of consultants, administrative support staff, senior company management, and external stakeholders;
- Contribute or lead projects of small and large scale and of various complexities;
- Contributing to proposals, reports, and policy papers, targeted mainly at European policy makers and public sector clients;
- Supporting the identification and generation of new strategic business leads and developing on Open Science and EOSC.
As a Principal Consultant, we expect the successful candidate to have deep understanding of research and policy processes, possess sound analytical and writing skills, be a team player, and demonstrate experience in project management and business development.
- Above eight (8) years of relevant professional experience with an academic background or practical knowledge on Open Science, including the EOSC;
- Experience in mastering the rules of participation in Horizon 2020 projects and in successfully managing and coordinating Horizon 2020 projects;
- Proven experience in leading successful proposal writing and producing high-quality reports with a broad thematic and methodological coverage;
- Ability to work independently and in teams with colleagues and external stakeholders as well as ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (with fluency in other European languages a strong asset) and excellent communication skills.
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits;
- A positive working atmosphere within a team of like-minded professionals, while also being part of a larger international company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation;
- Good opportunities for career progression, from both a content perspective and in the areas of business development and company leadership.
If you are interested, please send your EU format CV and a short motivation letter through the form below no later than 12 March 2021.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Brussels Office
Technopolis Consulting Group Belgium is recognised for its evaluation and impact assessment practice, and capacity to design and deliver complex, multi-country studies on the business and environmental impact of policies, legislation, programmes and research and technology organisations.
Our international team of more than 35 highly skilled professionals has extensive experience in the areas of:
- Research and innovation
- Industrial development and transformation
- Digitalisation of the society
- Regional policy and transition
- Higher education and skills
- Environmental change, eco-innovation and sustainable development
- Entrepreneurship, SMEs and industry modernisation
Over the years, the Brussels office has been specialising in Open Science, with a growing portfolio of activities supporting research infrastructures, e-infrastructures, and notably the realisation of the European Open Science Cloud.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group