Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 20 September 2021
Proposed interview date: 30 September 2021
Innovation and Sustainable Finance is a priority growth area for Technopolis Group. For over a decade, we have constantly expanded our expertise in this area and have provided support to policy-makers, State-owned banks, national promotional banks (e.g. Bpifrance), development banks (EIB, WB, EBRD, AFD…) in identifying financial market gaps; designing investment strategies for financial instruments (guarantee, loan, equity, quasi-equity) or blended instruments; conducting ex-ante and impact assessment of financial instruments. We are looking to recruit one motivated and experienced specialist to join our Paris team as a Principal Consultant with specific expertise on Innovation and Sustainable Finance.
We are looking for one highly motivated individual to strengthen our team working on financial engineering instruments and sustainable finance supporting both innovation and sustainable environment and climate change, in our Paris Office (FR).
Applicants should have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in a development bank, consulting organisation or think-tank, or a policy-making organisation in one or more of the following areas:
- Innovative start-up and business financing
- Sustainable and climate finance
- Impact investment
Experience should include direct involvement in the analysis of funding gaps (market failures), the design of investment strategies, the monitoring and evaluation of instruments, the management of such financial instruments, or the support to project promoters raising money, preferably in an international environment. Previous experience in a development bank or a national promotional bank is an asset.
A general overview of EU and international policy developments and policy discourse in the area, trends in sectors, industries and society, as well as a proven track in working on relevant policy-oriented assignments are required. Candidates should be technology-savvy with a passion for improving environmental sustainability through innovation.
A very good knowledge of research methods, statistics, big data analytics, indicators, as well as policy/programme evaluation and economic or environmental impact assessment methods are strong assets.
Applicants should have very good communication skills and be able to work in an international and multicultural environment. Clients will be both French clients (ministries, agencies, regional authorities, development agencies…) and international ones (Europe, and abroad). Excellent command of spoken and written French and English is essential and fluency in other European languages would be a plus.
The successful candidate needs to manage varying tasks under tight deadlines, manage relations with partners, show strong communication skills, be willing to travel in Europe and worldwide and be proactive. We expect our staff to work both independently and in close collaboration in project teams across the group and with external partners.
The main tasks to be performed by the principal consultant include:
- Contribute to generate new business leads, including bid writing in response to calls for tenders/calls for proposals
- Be part of project team and lead projects of small and medium scale and of various complexities (<150k)
- Design methodological approaches to answer complex policy questions
- Perform analytical and empirical work
- Draft reports and policy papers, targeted to donors, policy-makers and investors
- Contribute for forge and promote Technopolis Group thinking around Innovation and Sustainable Finance
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits
- A strongly positive and diverse working atmosphere within a tight-knit team of like-minded professionals, while also being part of a larger international company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation.
- Good opportunities for career progression, from both a content perspective (thought coaching, training, learning from methodological specialists) and in the areas of business development and company leadership
- Access to shareholding opportunities along career progression
- A possibility for home working
Level of experience
Minimum eight years
30 September 2021
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group