Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 31 July 2023
One of the priority areas for growth at Technopolis Group is the digital economy. For more than a decade we have been constantly expanding our expertise in the area of digital economy and have provided support to policymakers in designing, implementing and evaluating policies and programmes related to the digital transition. We work for policymakers and other public-related stakeholders at various geographical scales: European Commission, European Parliament, Ministries, Agencies, local authorities, but also national promotional banks or development banks, supporting them to face industrial, economic and societal challenges posed by digital transformation and to seize opportunities enabled by technology. We are looking to recruit motivated and experienced specialists to join our Brussels team as Principal Consultants with specific expertise on digital economy.
Founded in 1989, Technopolis Group is an independent research and consultancy company, European leader in providing strategic policy advice to public sector institutions at the regional, national, and international levels.
We have grown steadily over the past 30 years and have and a track record of over 3,500 projects. Technopolis Group has offices in seven European cities and representative offices in Colombia (Bogotà) and Ivory Coast (Abidjan). Our team of consultants brings an educational mix in a variety of policy, social, environmental science disciplines, and linguistic richness, originating from 40+countries and covering 30+ languages.
For more information: www.technopolis-group.com
Experience and skills
Applicants suitable for a Principal Consultant position should have a minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience in a consulting environment, a think-tank, a policy-making organisationor an applied research organisation in one or more of the following areas:
- Deep tech including artificial intelligence and other digital technologies, as well as big data, digital twins or edge computing
- Digital transformation of industry, enterprises and SMEs
- Green economy & digital, including twin transition and the environmental impact of digital technologies
- Smart cities and local digital twins
- Digital public services & eGovernment
- Digital-centric R&I also covering ICT funding programmes
Applicants should have:
- A general overview of digital technological trends, digital policy landscape and impacts on either economic sectors, industries or society, as well as proven track in working together with policymakers. Candidates should be technology-savvy.
- Good knowledge of research methods, statistics, economic and business and innovation-related data in the digital domain would be considered a major plus.
- Experience in working in or with industry and businesses directly is an asset.
- The successful candidate would be able to manage varying tasks under tight deadlines, manage clients and partners, show strong communication skills. We expect our staff to work both independently and in close collaboration with others.
- Experience should include direct involvement in the management and coordination of projects as well as in business development.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential. Fluency in other European languages, is considered a strong asset.
- Applicants should have good communication skills and be able to work in an international and multicultural environment.
While responsibilities will be adapted to the seniority of the position, the main tasks to be performed by the principal in the digital economy area include:
- Contribute to forge, implement and promote Technopolis Group strategy around the digital transition in the EU and national markets
- Lead and manage projects on behalf of Technopolis Group;
- Contribute to generate new business leads, including bid writing in response to calls for tenders/calls for proposals
- Design methodological approaches to answer complex digital policy questions and anticipate emerging trends in the digital technology context
- Be part of project team and lead projects of various scales and of various complexities
- Perform analytical and empirical work on the digital economy
- Draft reports and policy papers, targeted to policy-makers in particular, but also such stakeholders as industry and/or society
- We expect our staff to work both independently and in close collaboration in project teams across the group and with external partners.
What we offer
- A full time, permanent position
- An attractive salary package with benefits including hospitalisation insurance and a pension scheme
- A positive working atmosphere within a team of like-minded professionals in Brussels, while also being part of a larger international Group with multiple opportunities for international cooperation
- Good opportunities for career progression, from both a content perspective (thought leaders, methodological specialists) and in the areas of business development and company leadership
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons with a residency and work permit in Belgium.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference: DP0623) and include a cover letter and an Europass-style CV.
Application deadline: 31 July 2023. Early applications are encouraged. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should have the EU citizenship or a valid work permit to apply.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group