Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 30 June 2021
Location: London or Brighton (UK)
Competitive salary with bonus scheme, personal pension and other benefits
We are looking to recruit a Principal Consultant with consulting expertise in health policy or healthcare innovation to join our Health and Life Science Team in the UK. The team is delivering policy studies and evaluations relating to:
- biomedical research & innovation;
- global health research;
- healthy ageing;
- digital health; and
- innovation in medicine development.
You will be working with the Group’s Health and Life Science team, both in the UK and internationally, contributing to the sale and delivery of evaluations of R&D programmes, socio-economic impact assessments of public health legislations and policies, and innovation in health systems and services.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated strong business acquisition and project management skills, analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication, an ability to work effectively as a leader or a member of a multidisciplinary team, with a strong commitment to our core values of quality and integrity.
A practical knowledge of evaluation principles and methods is essential.
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years’ relevant project management experience, either in a consulting environment or an equivalent role in the charity sector, government department or related agency.
More specifically, you must have:
- An academic background in health policy, health economics, public health or similar (Masters level)
- A thorough practical knowledge of current policies in health and life sciences
- An ability to propose, sell and lead / manage policy studies and evaluations
- A good command of qualitative and / or quantitative evaluation methods
- An ability to write well and to a professional standard, in English
- Self-motivation, intellectual curiosity and an ability to work independently
- A willingness to travel and work in multi-disciplinary international teams
Other desirable attributes:
- Knowledge of emerging fields of digital health, mental health and planetary health
- An ability to interpret data, present and synthesise information from a variety of sources
- A proficient user of analysis packages, such as STATA or NVivo
- A high-level of proficiency in the manipulation of large, health-related data sets
- An understanding of theory-based or realist evaluation methods
- An ability to prioritise and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Proficiency in an additional European language
- Help to grow the Health and Life Sciences practice
- Identify and support business development and marketing opportunities
- Prepare tenders and expand our global networks of partners
- Design and deliver high- quality policy evaluations
- Supervise and work alongside colleagues in the collection and analysis of quantitative data
- Lead on the preparation and presentation of study reports
- Ensure individual assignments are delivered to plan (insightful, high- quality and on time)
- Competitive salary, contributory pension, performance-related bonus scheme and private healthcare. We also have a cycle-to-work scheme
- Challenging and varied projects conducted in a dynamic environment and working closely with senior policy advisors in government
- Opportunity to travel internationally and work for some of the world’s most important and influential public bodies
- Positive and diverse working atmosphere with like-minded professionals working in London and Brighton, whilst also being part of a larger international research company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation
- Opportunities for training, mentorship and career progression
- Opportunity for staff to become shareholders as they progress to more senior levels
The position would be full time with the potential for some level of flexible working, to fit with family and other commitments. This will be a permanent position, following the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period
How to apply
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV, together with a covering letter explaining your interest in the specific job, how your skills and experience meet our requirements and why you believe you would be a good addition to the Technopolis team. For shortlisted candidates the assessment process will comprise two further steps: a short, informal telephone interview to discuss your ambitions and a more formal interview either online or in person with a panel.
We are always pleased to hear from international candidates, however you must have the right to work in the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Technopolis is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 30 June 2021.
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group