Temporary / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 04 January 2023
Technopolis Group is an international research and consulting firm with 220 consultants in eleven offices in Europe, Africa and Latin America. We support the design, implementation and evaluation of policy programmes with a focus on research and innovation for regional, national and international public sector organisations (e.g. Federal Ministries such as BMBF and BMWK, the European Commission, DAAD, GIZ and foundations).
- Participation in German and international consulting projects for the analysis and evaluation of policy programmes and trends in the field of research and innovation policy (e.g. on topics such as innovation in SMEs and start-ups, clusters/networks, science and higher education policy, R&D cooperation between science and industry as well as in the Europe-wide thematic groups of the Technopolis Group (e.g. Green Economy, Regional Policy, Emerging Markets, Digitalisation)
- Participation in project management and in the preparation of reports and presentations based on own conceptual and empirical work under the guidance of our analysts and (senior) consultants
- Contribute to the conception and preparation of proposals
- Interest in working on consulting projects for public clients in the field of research, technology and innovation policy
- Current or completed studies in a relevant field as well as good quantitative and qualitative methodological skills (e.g. literature research, surveys, guideline-based interviews, focus groups and network analyses)
- Teamwork and communication skills, independence as well as an analytical and engaging way of working
- Very good language skills in German and English (min. C1); other languages would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and, if applicable, knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis programmes (R, Stata, Python, Atlas.TI, etc.)
- Six-month, paid internship starting in February 2023 (exact starting date flexible)
- We offer a meaningful, dynamic, international and broadly themed working environment.
- As an innovative company, we promote the further development of our employees in terms of content and methodology. We encourage independence and initiative for the expansion and further development of our activities through flat hierarchies and an open corporate culture.
- We value a pleasant working atmosphere and support this, for example, by organising regular team events with our colleagues.
- We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity.
Please send your German-language application (cover letter, CV and relevant references in one PDF document) to Mr Thorben Strähle (email@example.com) by 04 January 2023 inclusive. Please also mention a possible starting date.
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group