Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 10 May 2021
We are looking for a curious and motivated individual who is interested in working as medior / senior consultant for the public sector in Africa on science, technology and innovation, and private sector development policies. A specific experience working on policies supporting STI and PSD policies is expected, notably in the agriculture/agro-food sector. An academic background relating to the economy, political science, and social policies, policy evaluation or international development would be considered an asset. The person must have at least a Master degree in a related field. Previous experiences working for the public sector, multilateral development banks, bilateral donors, NGOs or consulting are expected. The candidate is expected to be fluent in French and English. The workplace is preferably Abidjan, Ivory Coast, in our office.
The salary will be defined based on the experience of the candidate.
- We are looking for a motivated individual with a strong interested in public development and innovation policies.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience (preferably in consulting, and/or public sector)
- Hold a master’s degree in economics or related field (social sciences)
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage project
- Ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Ability to write and speak in English is a must; a professional level of French is highly appreciated.
- Experience working in emerging and developing countries in Africa.
- Thematic expertise in the areas of private sector development, innovation, entrepreneurship, or agro-economy.
- We are looking for a person based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. However, we encourage those who do not reside there to apply.
- They will be required to work on projects covering a wide range of sectors such as private sector development, innovation, entrepreneurship, and agro-economy mostly.
- The role of the analyst/consultant in Private sector development/innovation public policy will be to provide cross-cutting support in conducting policy evaluations, sectoral and technical studies, strategic support and consultancy projects for our major clients in Africa.
- They will contribute to the company’s business development activities (i.e. proposal preparation).
- They will manage projects for clients, working with consultants across different offices
At least five years
17 May 2021
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group