Temporary / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 02 December 2022
Technopolis Group is a European leader in strategic policy advice in the field of science, technology and innovation (STI), having developed unique expertise in several policy fields, such as Research, technology and innovation, Entrepreneurship, SMEs and industry, Higher education, Health and life sciences, and Green Economy. Our team undertakes comparative policy studies, monitoring and evaluation studies and provides strategic advice to various EU institutions as well as other international organisations. We also work for national and regional policy making and research organisations, research funding organisations and public-private partnerships. We have approximately 230 colleagues working across 12 offices. In the Brussels office, we are around 35 colleagues.
Technopolis is offering a 4-6 months paid internship at our Brussels office, starting from January 2023.
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic intern to gain first-hand insights in a range of STI policies and/or evaluations and get a thorough introduction to various social sciences methodologies. Given the current pipeline of projects, knowledge of English in working proficiency is a requirement.
Support in ongoing projects, in tasks including:
- Assist in literature reviews,
- Conduct desk research on a specific topic,
- Support for qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis;
- Support in data collection strategies and the collection process of data; possibly conduct data treatment and preliminary analysis;
- Support in developing and implementing surveys;
- Conduct interviews with various stakeholders (industry, agencies, public sector, etc.);
- Support of drafting case studies;
- Support communication activities (monitoring the content, drafting articles, managing online content, contacting content sources, etc. );
- Support in administrative tasks in secretariat projects (e.g. organisation of meetings and webinars)
- Recently finalised university education or a student currently in the last year of a Master programme, preferably in either economics, public policy, evaluation;
- Interest in the new developments in European Commission policies, in particular in science, technology and innovation, and/or regional development
- Acquainted with qualitative research methods (e.g. literature review, desk research, interviews, case studies, surveys) and basic quantitative methods.
- Positive attitude towards liaising with different stakeholders (i.e. companies, business associations, cluster associations and regional authorities);
- Attention to detail;
- Good coordination and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Full proficiency of English in speaking and writing mandatory. Knowledge of any other EU language is a plus;
- Ability to work in teams;
- Willingness to learn about new topics and methods, and gain new skills
What we offer
The successful candidate will work as a paid intern in our Brussels office. The role provides the opportunity to gain experience in working with European service contract studies and develop analytical skills in monitoring, designing and evaluating STI policies, within a team of like-minded professionals
- Paid internship
- Belgian phone subscription
- Monthly allowance for the transportation card
- Training and mentoring possibilities
- Working in an international company with 12 offices and more than 230 colleagues
If you are interested, please send your EU format CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning “Internship” before December 2, 2022.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should have the EU citizenship or a valid work permit to apply.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group