Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 30 May 2022
Do you love to write? Do you have a passion for ecology and sustainability? Are you interested in science communication?
Arctik is looking for a skilled and imaginative copywriter to join our team. Your main role will be to support our team of communication consultants in drafting clear, concise and engaging content for a variety of EU, national and regional sustainability projects.
As a copywriter at Arctik, you will be part of the team responsible for communication projects linked to sustainability.
Your main tasks will include:
- Drafting content for different audiences and outlets (e.g. articles, interviews, flyers, blogs, social media posts, press releases, etc.)
- Writing with an informed, clear and distinct voice
- Interpreting briefings to understand tasks and project requirements
- Translating abstract research or policy documents into concrete content that speaks to different target audiences
- Conducting desk research and interviews in various areas (including climate resilience, sustainable food consumption, biodiversity, and more)
- Working closely with other team members to produce editorial deliverables (namely, communication consultants, graphic designers, videographers, web developers)
- Ad hoc editing and proofreading
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- A master’s degree or a BSc/BA in English, literature, journalism or a related field
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills (in English), with an eye for detail
- Experience as a copywriter, editor or in a related role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Experience creating engaging content for EU and/or regional public-facing projects
- Strong research skills
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- The ability to manage work and deadlines on different projects simultaneously
- A creative, flexible and collaborative approach to project challenges and changing priorities
- A European spirit…and a sense of humour!
Any of the following is a plus:
- Fluency in other European languages
- Knowledge of the EU’s research priorities and EU policies in the fields of circular economy, environment and/or climate agenda
- Strong communication, data literacy and digital skills (social media management tools, Google Analytics, media monitoring software)
- A career-oriented job at a dynamic and creative agency
- The chance to work on topics that are particularly relevant to our changing world
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for training and skill development
- A fun team
WHO WE ARE
Arctik is a Brussels-based communication agency that puts sustainability first. We provide a broad range of communication services to clients throughout Europe who focus on environmental and climate issues, circular economy and sustainable development. Arctik is part of the leading science and innovation consultancy Technopolis Group.
Technopolis Group provides evidence-based policy advice and insights with offices in Europe, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our experts support decision-makers who want to tackle environmental or societal issues or look to achieve fair and sustainable growth through science, technology, innovation, health and education.
Arctik is committed to protecting your privacy. We will always keep your personal data safe in compliance with applicable data protection legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the Belgian Data Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 (FR/NL). We do not store CVs from rejected job applicants unless the individual has given us their consent.
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV onto the Technopolis Group website, together with a cover letter explaining your interest in the specific job, how your skills and experience meet our requirements and why you believe you would be a good addition to the Arctik/Technopolis team.
Closing date for applications: 30 May 2022
Ideal start date: May 2022 (or before)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Arctik – Communication
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group