Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 07 December 2022
Technopolis Consulting Group Belgium is currently looking for a highly motivated Consultant or Senior Consultant to join the growing Open Science team and contribute to relevant projects and activities, including an H2020 flagship contract for the realisation of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) and a portfolio of Horizon Europe projects on Open Science.
Technopolis Group is an independent research and consultancy company, European leader in providing strategic R&I policy advice to public sector institutions at the regional, national, and international levels (such as the European Commission) – as well as to third sector organisations, public-private partnerships and research organisations.
Our team undertakes comparative policy studies, monitoring and evaluation studies (at policy, programme, and organisational levels), and socio-economic impact assessments. From a thematic perspective, our key areas are Research and innovation, Green Economy, Health, and Higher Education. Furthermore, the Brussels office is increasingly active in the digital economy, innovative cities, open science, stakeholder engagement and communication.
Technopolis Group has grown steadily over the past 30 years and is continuing to expand internationally, with currently 230 staff working across 13 offices. In the Brussels office, we are around 35 colleagues.
For more information: www.technopolis-group.com
Experience and skills
Applicants suitable for this Senior Consultant position must have a minimum of three years of professional experience and relevant academic background as well as practical knowledge of Open Science policy.
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field such as economics, social sciences or life sciences
- Substantial knowledge and at least three years of work experience in the field of Open Science and related EU policy, including EOSC, research assessment, citizen science
- Knowledge and experience with research and innovation or other relevant policy fields at the core of Technopolis Group’s areas of expertise is a strong asset
- Good organisational and coordination skills with the ability to successfully manage projects – experience with team coaching, and business development is also a plus
- Experience working with R&I data, databases and indicators and related methodological know-how (i.e. counterfactual analysis, network analysis, etc.) is considered as a strong asset
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential and fluency in other European languages is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and engagement skills, ability to work in teams with colleagues and external stakeholders, proactive and problem-solving mindset, ability to manage multiple tasks and to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Contributing to strengthening Technopolis Group’s capacity to deliver services by (co-) developing policy analysis, research and consulting, including new approaches for our assignments, especially in the field of Open Science
- Actively taking part in the delivery of a flagship multi-million contract and a portfolio of related strategic projects, working together with a team of consultants, administrative support staff, senior company management and external stakeholders
- Pro-actively supporting business development, including proposal preparation, especially in the field of Open Science
- Producing and presenting policy reports and study results
- Managing and coordinating projects, including chairing meetings, team coaching, etc.
- Depending on capabilities, contributing to the design and implementation of quantitative methodologies, including data collection and analysis
What we offer
- A full time, open-ended position
- A competitive salary package
- A range of benefits including additional holidays per year, a private hospitalisation insurance, and a pension scheme
- A positive and open-minded international, flexible working environment within a team of like-minded professionals in Brussels
- Being part of a larger international policy consultancy with ample opportunities for international cooperation
- Good opportunities for career progression and specialisation
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons with a residency and work permit in Belgium.
How to apply
Applications in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with mentioning of the reference: SOS1122.
Please include a cover letter and a Europass-style CV.
December 7, 2022. Early applications are encouraged. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group