Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 21 January 2022
We are looking for an experienced evaluator to join our Brussels team as Consultant. The person will strengthen our evaluation team, using a range of theory-based evaluation methods.
Technopolis Group is an independent research and consultancy company, European leader in providing strategic R&I policy advice to public sector institutions at the regional, national, and international levels (such as the European Commission) – as well as to third sector organisations, public-private partnerships and research organisations.
Our team undertakes comparative policy studies, monitoring and evaluation studies (at policy, programme, and organisational levels), and socio-economic impact assessments. From a thematic perspective, our key areas are Research and innovation, Green Economy, Health, and Higher Education. Furthermore, the Brussels office is increasingly active in the digital economy, innovative cities, open science, stakeholder engagement and communication.
Technopolis Group has grown steadily over the past 30 years and are continuing to expand internationally, with around 230 staff working across 12 offices. In the Brussels office, we are around 35 colleagues.
Experience and skills
Applicants suitable for this Consultant position should have a minimum of three years of professional experience in evaluations and/or impact assessments following the European Commission Better Regulation Guidelines and a good understanding of European Union policies/programmes/initiatives. We expect some experience in project management, for example management of a work package or task.
The successful applicant will have proven experience in contributing to proposal writing and to high-quality study/evaluation reports.
We expect applicants to be proactive, show good communication skills, able to deliver tasks under tight deadlines, and willing to travel if needed. Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential. Fluency in other European languages is considered an asset.
- Contribute to the design of approaches and proposal writing;
- Support the valuation/impact assessment practice
- Deliver policy studies, evaluations and impact assessments through qualitative and/or quantitative methods;
- Contribute to writing of study reports/ deliverables of high quality, presenting results to clients;
- Support business development activities.
- Establish and maintain good client relationships
- Manage project tasks
What we offer
- A full time, open-ended position
- A competitive salary package
- A range of benefits including additional holidays per year, a private hospitalisation insurance, and a pension scheme
- A positive and open-minded international, flexible working environment within a team of like-minded professionals in Brussels,
- Being part of a larger international policy consultancy with ample opportunities for international cooperation
- Formal and informal training
- Good opportunities for career progression and specialisation
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons with a residency and work permit in Belgium.
How to apply
Please include a cover letter and a Europass-style CV.
January 21, 2022. We plan to invite successful candidates for online interviews from the second half of February onwards.
Belgium - Policy consulting
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group