Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 12 March 2021
Arctik is looking for a consultant to lead the communication on research projects and diverse sustainability projects. Do you have an interest in science communication? Can you find the story behind the data? And do you have an interest in the environment? Then you should be our new communication consultant.
As a communication consultant at Arctik, you would:
- develop and execute communication and dissemination strategies to meet project goals
- translate research outcomes and project results into content that can speak to different target audiences
- organise stakeholder engagement and outreach activities
- draft content for different media and audiences (articles, interviews, blogs, press releases …)
- develop social media strategies and campaigns
- work with our creative team to deliver engaging audio-visual content
- managing the project timeline and deliverables
- maintain good relationships with scientific consortia and clients
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- A master’s degree in communications or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience working in communication
- An excellent command of English
- Strong writing skills
- experience translating abstract material into engaging content
- the ability to work on different projects while respecting strict deadlines
- flexibility and initiative to respond to changing projects and priorities
- a can-do attitude
- European spirit and a sense of humour!
Any of the following are a plus:
- fluency in other European languages
- knowledge of the European research fields
- experience in media relations
- good data literacy
- strong digital skills (social media management platforms, Google Analytics, media monitoring software)
- A diverse job at a dynamic and creative agency
- A permanent contract starting as soon as possible
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Training and the opportunity to build your skills
- A fun team
Arctik is a Brussels-based communication agency that puts sustainability first. We provide a broad range of communication services to European clients who focus on environmental and climate issues, circular economy, and sustainable development. Arctik is part of the leading science and innovation consultancy Technopolis Group.
Belgium – Communication
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group