Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 16 May 2021
Starting date: as soon as possible
Can you turn policy and research into crisp content? Can you translate specialist information into messages that hit home with different audiences? Then we have just the job for you.
Arctik is looking for a communications consultant to strengthen our team for the EOSC Future project, which supports the development of an inclusive open science ecosystem in Europe.
As a communication consultant at Arctik, you would:
- finetune and implement a communication strategy for the EOSC Future project
- translate project outcomes and results into engaging content that can speak to different target audiences
- organise stakeholder engagement and outreach activities, including a large-scale event
- draft content for different media and audiences (articles, interviews, blogs, press releases …)
- develop social media strategies and campaigns
- work with our creative team to deliver audio-visual content
- support on other projects
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- a master’s degree in communications or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience working in communication
- an excellent command of English
- strong writing and editing skills
- experience translating abstract materials into engaging content
- the ability to work on different tasks while respecting strict deadlines
- ability to collaborate efficiently with partners across Europe
- flexibility and initiative to respond to changing projects and priorities
- a can-do attitude
- European spirit and a sense of humour!
Any of the following are a plus:
- fluency in other European languages
- knowledge of open data policies
- knowledge of EU research policies
- strong digital skills (social media management platforms, Google Analytics, media monitoring software)
- A diverse job at a dynamic and creative agency
- A permanent contract starting as soon as possible
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Training and the opportunity to build your skills
- A fun team
Please upload your CV, a motivation letter and any other relevant materials to the following form by 16 May. We welcome a creative application.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
Arctik is a Brussels-based communication agency that puts sustainability first. We provide a broad range of communication services to European clients who focus on environmental and climate issues, circular economy, and sustainable development. Arctik is part of the leading science and innovation consultancy Technopolis Group.
Belgium – Communication
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group