Permanent / Full-time
Deadline for applications: 03 October 2022
We are looking to recruit an Analyst or Consultant with relevant expertise to join our Green Economy team at Technopolis.
You will be working with the Green Economy team, across a variety of subject areas to support UK government and international clients in studies and evaluations of energy and climate change focused policies and programmes.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the delivery of the team’s growing portfolio of policy and programme evaluations, including value for money assessments, process and impact evaluations. We are particularly looking for candidates with existing experience of working with the UK Government Green and/or Magenta Book guidelines for appraisal and evaluation.
The successful applicant will have strong quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills, experience of delivering research projects, the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a strong commitment to our core values of quality and integrity. Prior work experience in a research-based organisation such as consultancy, the public sector or academia is essential. A demonstration of business development experience or transferable skills will be an advantage.
We are looking for someone with at least 1-2 years’ relevant work experience, either in a consulting environment, academia or an equivalent role in a government department or related agency. We would like the candidates to understand the policy environment and have knowledge of UK and/or EU policy related topics relevant to clean energy policy, innovation in green technologies, climate change mitigation and/or adaptation.
More specifically, you must have:
- An academic background in a relevant subject at Masters level or above
- An affinity with clean energy and climate change policy areas and knowledge of current developments in the field
- Existing knowledge of working with the UK Government Magenta Book guidelines for programme evaluation. Including experience of quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- An ability to propose, sell and deliver policy studies and evaluations
- Highly computer literate (e.g. MS Office, statistics packages)
- The ability to write well and to a professional standard, in English
- Self-motivation, intellectual curiosity and an ability to work independently and across different disciplines
- A willingness to travel and work in international teams.
Other desirable attributes:
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines
- Client relationship skills
- Excellent oral communication skills.
We are always pleased to hear from international candidates, however you must have the right to work in the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Technopolis is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
- Help to grow the Green Economy practice
- Design and deliver high-quality quantitative analysis as part of wider green policy evaluations
- Lead on the preparation and presentation of study reports
- Support peers in their delivery of work
- Ensure individual assignments are delivered to plan (insightful, high- quality and on time)
What we offer
- Competitive salary and performance-related bonus scheme, along with 25 holiday days each year, private healthcare and a personal pension. The company also operates a cycle-to-work scheme
- Challenging and varied projects conducted in a dynamic environment and working closely with senior policy advisors in government
- Opportunity to travel across Europe and internationally working for some of the world’s most important and influential public bodies
- Positive and diverse working atmosphere with like-minded professionals working in London and Brighton, whilst also being part of a larger international research company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation. Opportunity to work flexibly, including a mix of home and office based working in Brighton or London.
- Opportunity for training and career progression, from thematic and methodological perspectives to business development and company leadership.
- Opportunity for staff to become shareholders as they progress to more senior levels
The position would be full time with the potential for some level of flexible working, to fit with family and other commitments. This will be a permanent position, following the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
How to apply
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV together with a covering letter explaining your interest in the specific job, how your skills and experience meet our requirements and why you believe you would be a good addition to the Technopolis team. Please indicate you have the right to work in the UK.
For shortlisted candidates the assessment process will comprise three further steps: a short, informal telephone interview to discuss your ambitions; a more formal interview by telephone with a selection panel; and a final interview in person at our offices in Brighton where you will have the chance to meet the team and see our projects in action.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 3rd October 2022
More about this office
About Technopolis Group
Technopolis Group started as a consultancy firm for the evaluation of science, technology and innovation. While evaluation is still at the core of our company, we have over the years built up the know-how to support decision making on a broad range of topics. Our experts provide strategy and foresight, manage networks and provide project management support for even the most complex projects. We are acquainted with a wide range of quantitative methods and deliver advanced data analytics that is ahead of the curve. We evaluate policies, evaluate their impact and communicate them effectively to experts and the broader public. We never settle for out-of-the-box solutions but work with our clients to find the approach that best fits their needs.
We work with decision-makers in different levels and fields, from international institutions, such as the European Commission, the OECD and multilateral development banks, to regional and local authorities. Our clients include universities and R&D centres, network organisations such as business associations, clusters and incubators as well as governments.
More about working at Technopolis Group