Technopolis is offering a 4-6 months paid internship at our Brussels office .
Start: February 2021
Deadline for applications: 29 January 2021
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic intern with interest in STI policy analysis or evaluation studies to gain first-hand insights in a range of STI policies and/or evaluations and get a thorough introduction to various social sciences methodologies. Given the current pipeline of projects, knowledge of English and French in working proficiency is a requirement.
Support in ongoing projects, in tasks including:
- Assist in literature reviews,
- Conduct desk research on a specific topic,
- Support for qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis;
- Support in data collection strategies and the collection process of data; possibly conduct data treatment and preliminary analysis;
- Support in developing and implementing surveys;
- Conduct interviews with various stakeholders (industry, agencies, public sector, etc.); • Support of drafting case studies;
- Support communication activities (monitoring the content, drafting articles, managing online content, contacting content sources, etc. );
- Support in administrative tasks in secretariat projects (e.g. organisation of meetings and webinars)
- Recently finalised university education or a student currently in the last year of a Master programme, preferably in either economics, public policy, evaluation;
- Interest in the new developments in European Commission policies, in particular in science, technology and innovation, and/or competitiveness and SME policy, or in a thematic focus such as environment/eco-innovation or energy;
- Interest in communication, stakeholder engagement, network development activities; • Acquainted with qualitative research methods (e.g. company interviews, case studies);
- Positive attitude towards liaising with different stakeholders (i.e. companies, business associations, cluster associations and regional authorities);
- Attention to detail;
- Good coordination and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Full proficiency of English and French in speaking and writing mandatory. Knowledge of any other EU language is a plus;
- Ability to work in teams;
- Willingness to learn about new topics and methods, and gain new skills
The successful candidate will work as a paid intern in our Brussels office. The role provides the opportunity to gain experience in working with European service contract studies and develop analytical skills in monitoring, designing and evaluating STI policies, within a team of like-minded professionals.
We are looking for someone to start in February 2021.
If you are interested, please upload your EU format CV and a short motivation letter to the form below no later than 29 January 2021.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.