Working with us
Technopolis Group, Europe's foremost science, technology and innovation policy consultancy, is seeking to recruit a consultant/evaluator for its Brussels office.
Who we are
The Technopolis Group is a well-established and dynamic consultancy with offices throughout Europe, conducting flagship policy studies and evaluations for governments and public bodies, nationally and internationally. Gathering more than 100 consultants across our eight offices, our main business is the provision of strategic advice anchored in rigorous socio-economic research and the conduct of independent evaluations in a range of policy domains including:
- Research and innovation
- Higher education
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Regional economic development
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic consultant/evaluator for our Brussels office to meet the needs of our Belgian and international client base, which include regional, federal, European and inter-governmental public authorities. In particular, we are looking to recruit consultant with previous experience in evaluation and research to further develop our capacity in the EU and Belgian market. A positive 'can-do' attitude, an analytical mind, and an eye for detail are required. Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering evaluation and impact assessment work, developing innovative methodologies, gathering and analysing evidence, and writing high-quality reports for our clients (in particular the EU and Belgian institutions).
- Managing (parts of) evaluation and impact assessment projects, co-ordinating the work of consultants and external experts, and establishing good working relations with clients.
- Helping to grow Technopolis Group business by contributing to the preparation of tenders, and identifying and pursuing opportunities in new and existing markets.
- Contributing to strengthening Technopolis Group capacity to deliver evaluation services in different sectors and using innovative methods and approaches.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people with at least two years' relevant experience, who are bright, thoughtful and have a strong work ethic. More specifically, candidates should have the following profile:
- University education, preferably with studies oriented towards evaluation, economics, social sciences, finance or engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience related to the evaluation of public policies
- Experience in one of the core thematic policy areas of Technopolis Group: science, technology and innovation, competitiveness and SME policy, higher education policy, environment/eco-innovation, energy, life sciences/health and knowledge intensive business services
- Highly numerate with a good command of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Considerable organisational and planning skills necessary in order to manage complex tasks within tight deadlines, and work with and supervise teams
- Fluent in English plus fluent in either French or Dutch with a good command of the other language. Knowledge of other EU languages will be a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and in small (international) teams
- Strong analytical capabilities combined with attention to detail
- Qualities of impartiality, flexibility and perseverance are essential
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
What we offer
The successful candidate will work as a Consultant/Evaluator in our Brussels office. The role provides the opportunity to further develop both your evaluation and project management skills within a team of like-minded professionals. The position offered is a full-time permanent post. The role will involve international travel.
We offer a competitive salary, an attractive bonus scheme and a pension contribution. The company also operates a share ownership scheme for more senior staff.
How to apply
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the job and why you are a suitable candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the e-mail should be “Last Name, First Name Application for the position of Consultant/Evaluator”. Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date Monday 5 May 2014
We are always looking for exceptional people to join us, and are happy to receive applications at any time.
We prefer to recruit people with at least a masters' degree or equivalent and two years experience in one or other of the areas in which we work, from research policy to regional innovation. Our evaluation work and international comparative analyses mean we need both specialists in quantitative research methods and in qualitative research methods.
In addition, we prefer to recruit people who are able to work fluently in at least two European languages, one of which should normally be English. E-mail your CV to Karen Henderson.