MoRRI – Monitoring the Evolution and Benefits of Responsible Research and Innovation
MoRRI’s main objective is “to provide scientific evidence, data, analysis and policy intelligence to support directly Directorate General for Research and Innovation (DG-RTD) research funding activities and policy-making activities in relation with Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI)”.
RRI is a concept that is recently gaining momentum but it still lacks agreement on its definition, content and details. Hence, part of this study is to determine the scope and the benefits or RRI for Europe by:
- Operationalising the concept;
- Developing a sound conceptual framework and associated methodology, while at the same time;
- Testing the potential of this methodology to allow monitoring the current state and short-term evolution of Responsible Research and Innovation and its socio-economic and democratic impacts.
The monitoring lasts from 2014 to 2018. It is led by Technopolis Consulting Group Belgium in collaboration with leading European organisations and individual experts. Among the core partners are the University of Aarhus, the Institute of Advanced Studies (IHS), CWTS from the University of Leiden, as well as the Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research ISI, INGENIO from the University of Valencia, the University of Athens, the University College London (UCL), and SPRU from the University of Sussex.
You can find below a link to the following published deliverables:
- Analytical report on the dimension of citizen engagement and participation of societal actors in research and innovation (D2.1)
- Analytical report on the dimension of science literacy and scientific education (D2.2)
- Analytical report on the gender equality dimension (D2.3)
- Analytical report on the dimension of open access (D2.4)
- Analytical report on the dimension of research and innovation Ethics (D2.4.1)
- Analytical report on the dimension of Research and Innovation Governance (D2.4.2)
- Synthesis report on existing indicators across RRI dimensions – Progress report (D3.1)
- Metrics and indicators of Responsible Research and Innovation – Progress report (D3.2)