Technopolis Group has conducted a large number of assignments in emerging countries throughout Africa. Technopolis Group has carried out significant work on innovation systems and policies working for clients such as DFID and the OECD and has supported Higher Education Ministries and Institutions throughout Africa with strategy and M&E support (such as the Association of the African Universities and the African Institute of Mathematical Sciences). We have strong thematic expertise in the domain of Green Economy (e.g., carrying out a major portfolio evaluation of renewable energy projects for the African Development Bank) as well as Life Sciences & Health (e.g., evaluating the European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership).
We have a representation in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire and rely on a network of experts and partner universities accross the African continent. We have conducted assignments in over 23 African countries, while our experts have worked in 26 of them. Besides, we have projects covering the whole African continent (e.g.,the evaluation of the French contribution to the African Development Fund).
Countries where Technopolis Group performed assignments
Countries where Technopolis consultants performed assignments
Recent key African projects include:
- Evaluation of the Bank’s Assistance in the Energy Sector – In-Depth Field Case Studies for the AfDB(Uganda, Kenya, Egypt, Cape Verde, Madagascar)
- Mid-term review of the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences – Next Einstein Foundation (South Africa, Ghana, Cameroon, Senegal)
- M&E Support to the Association of African Universities for the African Centres of Excellence Programme (Ghana, Benin, Togo, Nigeria, Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Gabon)
- Evaluation of the French contribution to the African Development Fund for the French DG Tresor (40 ADF eligibile countries and field missions in Côte d’Ivoire, Niger, Kenya)
- Feasibility study on the creation of a technology centre in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo for UNESCO
- Evaluation of the Programme for the creation of innovative companies in the Mediterranean Region (IRD France, 2015)
Paris: Francie Sadeski / Anne-Gaëllle Muths
T (France): + 33 1 49 49 09 20
Abidjan: Matthias Ploeg
T (Côte d’Ivoire): +225 78 21 32 55